Out of all the possible phobias (heights, spiders, clowns), a fear of currency would have to be the worst, unless by Scared Money Young Jeezy means “don’t be scared of committing crimes to get money,” in which case a healthy fear might just be a good thing. Criminal pursuits aside, Jeezy’s back on the block with his new street single Scared Money, a track that only took me ten seconds to decide is much better than his DJBooth un-approved last offering Trap or Die 2. First, Boi-1da delivers a synth-soaked banger of a beat worthy of Jeezy’s always raspy rhymes, which he delivers here with his trademark intensely-relaxed style. Second, while Weezy’s guest verse is hit or miss, I’ll give to him for the hilarious Bonecrusher reference. All that adds up to a track that falls well short of classic status, but still has me much more excited about Jeezy’s upcoming album Thug Motivations 103, which still has no release date. Keep it locked to DJBooth.net for all the latest updates.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/10/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.