Out of all the possible phobias (heights, spiders, clowns), a fear of currency would have to be the worst, unless by Scared Money Young Jeezy means “don’t be scared of committing crimes to get money,” in which case a healthy fear might just be a good thing. Criminal pursuits aside, Jeezy’s back on the block with his new street single Scared Money, a track that only took me ten seconds to decide is much better than his DJBooth un-approved last offering Trap or Die 2. First, Boi-1da delivers a synth-soaked banger of a beat worthy of Jeezy’s always raspy rhymes, which he delivers here with his trademark intensely-relaxed style. Second, while Weezy’s guest verse is hit or miss, I’ll give to him for the hilarious Bonecrusher reference. All that adds up to a track that falls well short of classic status, but still has me much more excited about Jeezy’s upcoming album Thug Motivations 103, which still has no release date. Keep it locked to DJBooth.net for all the latest updates.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/10/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.