Out of all the possible phobias (heights, spiders, clowns), a fear of currency would have to be the worst, unless by Scared Money Young Jeezy means “don’t be scared of committing crimes to get money,” in which case a healthy fear might just be a good thing. Criminal pursuits aside, Jeezy’s back on the block with his new street single Scared Money, a track that only took me ten seconds to decide is much better than his DJBooth un-approved last offering Trap or Die 2. First, Boi-1da delivers a synth-soaked banger of a beat worthy of Jeezy’s always raspy rhymes, which he delivers here with his trademark intensely-relaxed style. Second, while Weezy’s guest verse is hit or miss, I’ll give to him for the hilarious Bonecrusher reference. All that adds up to a track that falls well short of classic status, but still has me much more excited about Jeezy’s upcoming album Thug Motivations 103, which still has no release date. Keep it locked to DJBooth.net for all the latest updates.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/10/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.