Hip hop has had its fair share of songs about death. While some, like Puff’s Missing You, are an ode to a fallen friend, a few others, like Eminem’s aptly named Kill You or Pac’s Hit Em Up, focus on the emcee taking a life themselves. On his new, 2 Chainz assisted single, R.I.P, Young Jeezy joins in on the morbidity. Aside from killing the track, Jeezy boasts about killing the club with tequila shots and Molly pills over a DJ Mustard twerk-friendly beat. The Grammy nominated Dos Chains serves as Jeezy’s accomplice, adding an equally narcotics laden verse, which is sure to get you to down a few more shots. If you manage to survive Jeezy’s onslaught, be sure to check out his new mixtape, El Hefe: It’s Tha World, out today.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Jeezy’s TAJ-directed RIP visuals.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.