It’s a (late) Easter miracle! Having killed the club on mixtape single R.I.P., Young Jeezy has resurrected it in order to slaughter it once again on the official remix. In keeping with the Biblical theme, Jay Wayne Jenkins has recruited a couple new disciples for this rendition of the cut. Replacing original featuree 2 Chainz, YG, Kendrick Lamar and Chris Breezy lace DJ Mustard‘s stark rhythm section with suitably hype, braggadocious guest rhymes. How about it, readers: does R.I.P benefit from the added collaborative muscle, or are you still feeling the album version? Whatever your take, you can still find the latter on Jeezy’s ItsThaWorld tape, available online as of last December.
Written by richard on 04/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.