It’s a (late) Easter miracle! Having killed the club on mixtape single R.I.P., Young Jeezy has resurrected it in order to slaughter it once again on the official remix. In keeping with the Biblical theme, Jay Wayne Jenkins has recruited a couple new disciples for this rendition of the cut. Replacing original featuree 2 Chainz, YG, Kendrick Lamar and Chris Breezy lace DJ Mustard‘s stark rhythm section with suitably hype, braggadocious guest rhymes. How about it, readers: does R.I.P benefit from the added collaborative muscle, or are you still feeling the album version? Whatever your take, you can still find the latter on Jeezy’s ItsThaWorld tape, available online as of last December.
Written by richard on 04/2/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.