It’s a (late) Easter miracle! Having killed the club on mixtape single R.I.P., Young Jeezy has resurrected it in order to slaughter it once again on the official remix. In keeping with the Biblical theme, Jay Wayne Jenkins has recruited a couple new disciples for this rendition of the cut. Replacing original featuree 2 Chainz, YG, Kendrick Lamar and Chris Breezy lace DJ Mustard‘s stark rhythm section with suitably hype, braggadocious guest rhymes. How about it, readers: does R.I.P benefit from the added collaborative muscle, or are you still feeling the album version? Whatever your take, you can still find the latter on Jeezy’s ItsThaWorld tape, available online as of last December.
Written by richard on 04/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)