“Third time’s the charm,” is apparently Young Jeezy’s new motto. This newly-released remix (Or should I say “G-Mix”?) is the third Booth-featured version of the CTE leader’s street single R.I.P. Whereas Jeezy is joined by some younger stars (namely Chris Brown and first remix, this incarnation finds him joined by Snoop Dogg, who has shed his rasta, “Lion,” persona and returned to his roots. While the original is designed for the club, this version has a more “West Coast cruisin’” vibe, thanks to the Cali-centric lineup. There’s been no word on whether this effort will be part of anything larger, so keep it locked to The DJBooth for more. Who knows; there just might be another remix.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.