“Third time’s the charm,” is apparently Young Jeezy’s new motto. This newly-released remix (Or should I say “G-Mix”?) is the third Booth-featured version of the CTE leader’s street single R.I.P. Whereas Jeezy is joined by some younger stars (namely Chris Brown and first remix, this incarnation finds him joined by Snoop Dogg, who has shed his rasta, “Lion,” persona and returned to his roots. While the original is designed for the club, this version has a more “West Coast cruisin’” vibe, thanks to the Cali-centric lineup. There’s been no word on whether this effort will be part of anything larger, so keep it locked to The DJBooth for more. Who knows; there just might be another remix.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.