“Third time’s the charm,” is apparently Young Jeezy’s new motto. This newly-released remix (Or should I say “G-Mix”?) is the third Booth-featured version of the CTE leader’s street single R.I.P. Whereas Jeezy is joined by some younger stars (namely Chris Brown and first remix, this incarnation finds him joined by Snoop Dogg, who has shed his rasta, “Lion,” persona and returned to his roots. While the original is designed for the club, this version has a more “West Coast cruisin’” vibe, thanks to the Cali-centric lineup. There’s been no word on whether this effort will be part of anything larger, so keep it locked to The DJBooth for more. Who knows; there just might be another remix.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/10/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)