“Third time’s the charm,” is apparently Young Jeezy’s new motto. This newly-released remix (Or should I say “G-Mix”?) is the third Booth-featured version of the CTE leader’s street single R.I.P. Whereas Jeezy is joined by some younger stars (namely Chris Brown and first remix, this incarnation finds him joined by Snoop Dogg, who has shed his rasta, “Lion,” persona and returned to his roots. While the original is designed for the club, this version has a more “West Coast cruisin’” vibe, thanks to the Cali-centric lineup. There’s been no word on whether this effort will be part of anything larger, so keep it locked to The DJBooth for more. Who knows; there just might be another remix.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.