“Third time’s the charm,” is apparently Young Jeezy’s new motto. This newly-released remix (Or should I say “G-Mix”?) is the third Booth-featured version of the CTE leader’s street single R.I.P. Whereas Jeezy is joined by some younger stars (namely Chris Brown and first remix, this incarnation finds him joined by Snoop Dogg, who has shed his rasta, “Lion,” persona and returned to his roots. While the original is designed for the club, this version has a more “West Coast cruisin’” vibe, thanks to the Cali-centric lineup. There’s been no word on whether this effort will be part of anything larger, so keep it locked to The DJBooth for more. Who knows; there just might be another remix.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/10/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.