Hip hop has had its fair share of songs about death. While some, like Puff’s Missing You, are an ode to a fallen friend, a few others, like Eminem’s aptly named Kill You or Pac’s Hit Em Up, focus on the emcee taking a life themselves. On his new, 2 Chainz assisted single, R.I.P, Young Jeezy joins in on the morbidity. Aside from killing the track, Jeezy boasts about killing the club with tequila shots and Molly pills over a DJ Mustard twerk-friendly beat. The Grammy nominated Dos Chains serves as Jeezy’s accomplice, adding an equally narcotics laden verse, which is sure to get you to down a few more shots. If you manage to survive Jeezy’s onslaught, be sure to check out his new mixtape, El Hefe: It’s Tha World, out today.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Jeezy’s TAJ-directed RIP visuals.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.