When Young Jeezy released the Plies-assisted Lose My Mind back in March, we didn’t know when and if Thug Motivation 103 would follow, but it at least appeared to be right around the proverbial corner. Ditto when shortly thereafter, we were treated to a remixed version of the single featuring hip hop’s living trending topic, Drake. Unfortunately, six months and several canceled released dates later, the public is no closer to smoking Jeezy’s musical crack and it appears that the rapper’s buzz is taking a hit in the process. In an effort to get things going again, the ATL native has released the Shawty Redd and D. Rich produced Rap Game. On the mic Jeezy explains that the “rap game is f*cked up” and, because of this predicament, he needs to “switch it up.” Regrettably, the emcee fails to march to the beat of his own drum, turning in a typical street-ready, trapper-approved record. It’s unlikely Rap Game will encourage the folks at Def Jam to jump up on their desks and reschedule the album, but if Rocko can release an album, anything is possible.
Written by DJ Z on 09/27/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.