When an artist has a big release looming, it is inevitable that they will feel immense pressure; unless of course that artist is Young Jeezy. Though the veteran’s new label compilation tape is set to drop on Tuesday, there is No Pressure on the veteran emcee. This is most likely due in part to Jeezy’s unmistakable sound and CTE’s overflowing roster, both of which are on display on his latest offering. Setting the stage on this high-energy effort is producer D. Rich, who cooks up an airy, synth-based track with some heavy trap drums. Atop the interesting production work, the South Carolina native spits some aggressive bars in his signature raspy yet powerful flow. Joining the Hood President is guest artist Rich Homie Quan, who adds a unique vibe to the cut thanks to his staggered and slurred vocals. If CTE World: #BYLUG isn’t enough for you, be sure to check out Jeezy’s recent guest spots on cuts from Juvenile, Yo Gotti, and YG.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.