When an artist has a big release looming, it is inevitable that they will feel immense pressure; unless of course that artist is Young Jeezy. Though the veteran’s new label compilation tape is set to drop on Tuesday, there is No Pressure on the veteran emcee. This is most likely due in part to Jeezy’s unmistakable sound and CTE’s overflowing roster, both of which are on display on his latest offering. Setting the stage on this high-energy effort is producer D. Rich, who cooks up an airy, synth-based track with some heavy trap drums. Atop the interesting production work, the South Carolina native spits some aggressive bars in his signature raspy yet powerful flow. Joining the Hood President is guest artist Rich Homie Quan, who adds a unique vibe to the cut thanks to his staggered and slurred vocals. If CTE World: #BYLUG isn’t enough for you, be sure to check out Jeezy’s recent guest spots on cuts from Juvenile, Yo Gotti, and YG.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/11/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.