When an artist has a big release looming, it is inevitable that they will feel immense pressure; unless of course that artist is Young Jeezy. Though the veteran’s new label compilation tape is set to drop on Tuesday, there is No Pressure on the veteran emcee. This is most likely due in part to Jeezy’s unmistakable sound and CTE’s overflowing roster, both of which are on display on his latest offering. Setting the stage on this high-energy effort is producer D. Rich, who cooks up an airy, synth-based track with some heavy trap drums. Atop the interesting production work, the South Carolina native spits some aggressive bars in his signature raspy yet powerful flow. Joining the Hood President is guest artist Rich Homie Quan, who adds a unique vibe to the cut thanks to his staggered and slurred vocals. If CTE World: #BYLUG isn’t enough for you, be sure to check out Jeezy’s recent guest spots on cuts from Juvenile, Yo Gotti, and YG.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.