When an artist has a big release looming, it is inevitable that they will feel immense pressure; unless of course that artist is Young Jeezy. Though the veteran’s new label compilation tape is set to drop on Tuesday, there is No Pressure on the veteran emcee. This is most likely due in part to Jeezy’s unmistakable sound and CTE’s overflowing roster, both of which are on display on his latest offering. Setting the stage on this high-energy effort is producer D. Rich, who cooks up an airy, synth-based track with some heavy trap drums. Atop the interesting production work, the South Carolina native spits some aggressive bars in his signature raspy yet powerful flow. Joining the Hood President is guest artist Rich Homie Quan, who adds a unique vibe to the cut thanks to his staggered and slurred vocals. If CTE World: #BYLUG isn’t enough for you, be sure to check out Jeezy’s recent guest spots on cuts from Juvenile, Yo Gotti, and YG.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/11/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.