Like many nine-to-fivers, Young Jeezy looks forward to the weekend as a time to kick back and unwind. Of course, when you’re a full-time thug, “unwinding” takes on a different meaning than for your average working man or woman. On Lose My Mind, the latest street single off his forthcoming senior major label release, Jeezy gives us a lesson on how a true G decompresses from the daily grind: by soaking those stressed-out neurons in a rejuvenating broth of weed smoke and Rozay. After the headliner’s opening bars, Plies steps up to the podium for a guest lecture. Over Drumma Boy‘s bass-booming synth-brass instrumental, the Opa Locka goon extols the therapeutic virtues of such relaxation techniques as getting blackout drunk (and then drinking more!), and, uh, f***king white girls. So, readers, is this edu-taining joint crazy-good, or just plain crazy? Those who pick the former can expect plenty more wise words on Jeezy’s Thug Motivation 103 LP, which still has yet to receive a release date from the label brass.
Written by richard on 03/2/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)