Like many nine-to-fivers, Young Jeezy looks forward to the weekend as a time to kick back and unwind. Of course, when you’re a full-time thug, “unwinding” takes on a different meaning than for your average working man or woman. On Lose My Mind, the latest street single off his forthcoming senior major label release, Jeezy gives us a lesson on how a true G decompresses from the daily grind: by soaking those stressed-out neurons in a rejuvenating broth of weed smoke and Rozay. After the headliner’s opening bars, Plies steps up to the podium for a guest lecture. Over Drumma Boy‘s bass-booming synth-brass instrumental, the Opa Locka goon extols the therapeutic virtues of such relaxation techniques as getting blackout drunk (and then drinking more!), and, uh, f***king white girls. So, readers, is this edu-taining joint crazy-good, or just plain crazy? Those who pick the former can expect plenty more wise words on Jeezy’s Thug Motivation 103 LP, which still has yet to receive a release date from the label brass.
Written by richard on 03/2/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.