Like many nine-to-fivers, Young Jeezy looks forward to the weekend as a time to kick back and unwind. Of course, when you’re a full-time thug, “unwinding” takes on a different meaning than for your average working man or woman. On Lose My Mind, the latest street single off his forthcoming senior major label release, Jeezy gives us a lesson on how a true G decompresses from the daily grind: by soaking those stressed-out neurons in a rejuvenating broth of weed smoke and Rozay. After the headliner’s opening bars, Plies steps up to the podium for a guest lecture. Over Drumma Boy‘s bass-booming synth-brass instrumental, the Opa Locka goon extols the therapeutic virtues of such relaxation techniques as getting blackout drunk (and then drinking more!), and, uh, f***king white girls. So, readers, is this edu-taining joint crazy-good, or just plain crazy? Those who pick the former can expect plenty more wise words on Jeezy’s Thug Motivation 103 LP, which still has yet to receive a release date from the label brass.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.