Like many nine-to-fivers, Young Jeezy looks forward to the weekend as a time to kick back and unwind. Of course, when you’re a full-time thug, “unwinding” takes on a different meaning than for your average working man or woman. On Lose My Mind, the latest street single off his forthcoming senior major label release, Jeezy gives us a lesson on how a true G decompresses from the daily grind: by soaking those stressed-out neurons in a rejuvenating broth of weed smoke and Rozay. After the headliner’s opening bars, Plies steps up to the podium for a guest lecture. Over Drumma Boy‘s bass-booming synth-brass instrumental, the Opa Locka goon extols the therapeutic virtues of such relaxation techniques as getting blackout drunk (and then drinking more!), and, uh, f***king white girls. So, readers, is this edu-taining joint crazy-good, or just plain crazy? Those who pick the former can expect plenty more wise words on Jeezy’s Thug Motivation 103 LP, which still has yet to receive a release date from the label brass.
Written by richard on 03/2/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.