Make sure you’re sitting down, because this doesn’t happen often. Ready? I was wrong. Back when I wrote my review of Jeezy’s The Recession I said he was a hip-hop action hero, big on muscle but short on depth. Despite my haterism, Jeezy has been slowly but surely improving his emcee abilities, as evidenced by his new cut I Got This (Don’t Worry). Over some soulful production from producer Beewirks, the Snowman continues his march to become the hood’s truest representative, telling his people not to worry, he’s got them taken care of. Now I’m not saying the man is suddenly Nas, he does rhyme “ni**er” with “ni**er” about 47 times, but his skills behind the mic have undeniably improved: “The only thing they ever sold was they soul.” Does the Booth agree? I Got This is off Jeezy’s upcoming album Thug Motivations 103, which currently has no release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/5/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.