Make sure you’re sitting down, because this doesn’t happen often. Ready? I was wrong. Back when I wrote my review of Jeezy’s The Recession I said he was a hip-hop action hero, big on muscle but short on depth. Despite my haterism, Jeezy has been slowly but surely improving his emcee abilities, as evidenced by his new cut I Got This (Don’t Worry). Over some soulful production from producer Beewirks, the Snowman continues his march to become the hood’s truest representative, telling his people not to worry, he’s got them taken care of. Now I’m not saying the man is suddenly Nas, he does rhyme “ni**er” with “ni**er” about 47 times, but his skills behind the mic have undeniably improved: “The only thing they ever sold was they soul.” Does the Booth agree? I Got This is off Jeezy’s upcoming album Thug Motivations 103, which currently has no release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/5/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.