Young Jeezy is hardly a paragon of traditional values but, when he looks at the behavior of those around him, he just has to shake his head. Sick of seeing longtime homies turn on one another for reduced sentences, and sucker emcees demand handouts rather than putting in the work necessary to succeed, the renowned trapper is offering a remedial class on the G-Code in the form of new single Get Right. In between calling out his peers’ tawdry actions over Black Metaphor‘s ominous street boardwork, the rhymesayer finds time to work in a few punchlines, including a charitable reference to one of the craziest men in Hollywood: “Call me Mel Gibson, got a brave heart.” Details have yet to be announced on the project to which this single will be attached but, as always, cans can keep their browsers locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 10/12/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.