Young Jeezy is hardly a paragon of traditional values but, when he looks at the behavior of those around him, he just has to shake his head. Sick of seeing longtime homies turn on one another for reduced sentences, and sucker emcees demand handouts rather than putting in the work necessary to succeed, the renowned trapper is offering a remedial class on the G-Code in the form of new single Get Right. In between calling out his peers’ tawdry actions over Black Metaphor‘s ominous street boardwork, the rhymesayer finds time to work in a few punchlines, including a charitable reference to one of the craziest men in Hollywood: “Call me Mel Gibson, got a brave heart.” Details have yet to be announced on the project to which this single will be attached but, as always, cans can keep their browsers locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 10/12/12
Less than one month before the end of the calender year, CTE general Young Jeezy has released ItsThaWorld, his first mixtape of 2012. The free 17-track mix-album, hosted by DJ Drama, features previously-released promo single...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.