Young Jeezy is hardly a paragon of traditional values but, when he looks at the behavior of those around him, he just has to shake his head. Sick of seeing longtime homies turn on one another for reduced sentences, and sucker emcees demand handouts rather than putting in the work necessary to succeed, the renowned trapper is offering a remedial class on the G-Code in the form of new single Get Right. In between calling out his peers’ tawdry actions over Black Metaphor‘s ominous street boardwork, the rhymesayer finds time to work in a few punchlines, including a charitable reference to one of the craziest men in Hollywood: “Call me Mel Gibson, got a brave heart.” Details have yet to be announced on the project to which this single will be attached but, as always, cans can keep their browsers locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 10/12/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.