The hip-hop industry, inside and out, is a “you scratch my back; I’ll scratch yours” business. For example, it should come as no surprise that large market (such as NYC, L.A., and Chicago) radio stations often give increased spins to artists who take the time to make in-house visits to their station. To highlight the art of the “industry hookup” (and we aren’t talking about Jay-Z and Beyonce), Def Jam rostermates Young Jeezy and Kanye West have come together for the new buzz single, Put On. The song, which is produced by rising star Drumma Boy, showcases Jeezy being Jeezy and West being… T-Pain? (Yup, the voice box is back and evidently Kanye went wild.) After placing the Atlanta trap star on the remix to his Can’t Tell Me Nothing, West truly Put On for his homie.
Written by DJ Z on 05/4/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.