The hip-hop industry, inside and out, is a “you scratch my back; I’ll scratch yours” business. For example, it should come as no surprise that large market (such as NYC, L.A., and Chicago) radio stations often give increased spins to artists who take the time to make in-house visits to their station. To highlight the art of the “industry hookup” (and we aren’t talking about Jay-Z and Beyonce), Def Jam rostermates Young Jeezy and Kanye West have come together for the new buzz single, Put On. The song, which is produced by rising star Drumma Boy, showcases Jeezy being Jeezy and West being… T-Pain? (Yup, the voice box is back and evidently Kanye went wild.) After placing the Atlanta trap star on the remix to his Can’t Tell Me Nothing, West truly Put On for his homie.
Written by DJ Z on 05/4/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.