The hip-hop industry, inside and out, is a “you scratch my back; I’ll scratch yours” business. For example, it should come as no surprise that large market (such as NYC, L.A., and Chicago) radio stations often give increased spins to artists who take the time to make in-house visits to their station. To highlight the art of the “industry hookup” (and we aren’t talking about Jay-Z and Beyonce), Def Jam rostermates Young Jeezy and Kanye West have come together for the new buzz single, Put On. The song, which is produced by rising star Drumma Boy, showcases Jeezy being Jeezy and West being… T-Pain? (Yup, the voice box is back and evidently Kanye went wild.) After placing the Atlanta trap star on the remix to his Can’t Tell Me Nothing, West truly Put On for his homie.
Written by DJ Z on 05/4/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)