The hip-hop industry, inside and out, is a “you scratch my back; I’ll scratch yours” business. For example, it should come as no surprise that large market (such as NYC, L.A., and Chicago) radio stations often give increased spins to artists who take the time to make in-house visits to their station. To highlight the art of the “industry hookup” (and we aren’t talking about Jay-Z and Beyonce), Def Jam rostermates Young Jeezy and Kanye West have come together for the new buzz single, Put On. The song, which is produced by rising star Drumma Boy, showcases Jeezy being Jeezy and West being… T-Pain? (Yup, the voice box is back and evidently Kanye went wild.) After placing the Atlanta trap star on the remix to his Can’t Tell Me Nothing, West truly Put On for his homie.
Written by DJ Z on 05/4/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)