With the recent successes of Lil’ Wayne’s Tha Carter III and Nas’s Untitled, industry heads are clamoring about which forthcoming hip-hop release will continue this current upward trend. Could it be The Game’s third studio album, L.A.X.? Or how about Nelly’s oft-delayed Brass Knuckles? Inside the DJ Booth, our money is on Young Jeezy’s September release of The Recession. On the heels of his chart-rising single, Put On, featuring Kanye West, the Atlanta trapstar has contacted former label boss Jay-Z and together they have recorded a brand new remix. Unlike West’s guest verse, however, Hova jokingly asks to have his verse “T-Pain-ed”, but ultimately decides to do away with the over-used voice box. The Recession is set for release on September 2 via Def Jam.
Please Note: The “Put On (Remix)” stream has been removed.
Written by DJ Z on 07/30/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.