With the recent successes of Lil’ Wayne’s Tha Carter III and Nas’s Untitled, industry heads are clamoring about which forthcoming hip-hop release will continue this current upward trend. Could it be The Game’s third studio album, L.A.X.? Or how about Nelly’s oft-delayed Brass Knuckles? Inside the DJ Booth, our money is on Young Jeezy’s September release of The Recession. On the heels of his chart-rising single, Put On, featuring Kanye West, the Atlanta trapstar has contacted former label boss Jay-Z and together they have recorded a brand new remix. Unlike West’s guest verse, however, Hova jokingly asks to have his verse “T-Pain-ed”, but ultimately decides to do away with the over-used voice box. The Recession is set for release on September 2 via Def Jam.
Please Note: The “Put On (Remix)” stream has been removed.
Written by DJ Z on 07/30/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.