With the recent successes of Lil’ Wayne’s Tha Carter III and Nas’s Untitled, industry heads are clamoring about which forthcoming hip-hop release will continue this current upward trend. Could it be The Game’s third studio album, L.A.X.? Or how about Nelly’s oft-delayed Brass Knuckles? Inside the DJ Booth, our money is on Young Jeezy’s September release of The Recession. On the heels of his chart-rising single, Put On, featuring Kanye West, the Atlanta trapstar has contacted former label boss Jay-Z and together they have recorded a brand new remix. Unlike West’s guest verse, however, Hova jokingly asks to have his verse “T-Pain-ed”, but ultimately decides to do away with the over-used voice box. The Recession is set for release on September 2 via Def Jam.
Please Note: The “Put On (Remix)” stream has been removed.
Written by DJ Z on 07/30/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.