B.M.F. has almost undisputedly been the banger of the year. With every rapper alive seemingly putting their own twist on the heavy trunk bumping Lex Luger beat, it feels like everyone thinks they’re Big Meech. However, Young Jeezy may have crafted the summer’s most controversial version as he releases mixtape cut Death Before Dishonor. Coming off the 1000 Grams Mixtape, set to be released this Thursday, Jeezy comes out firing shots at his label mate Ricky Ross with lines like, “How you blowing money fast, you don’t know the crew. Are you part of the fam? Sh*t I never knew.” As Jeezy continues to spit lines about how he knows the REAL big Meech and his typical cocaine lines, a lot like myself may be wondering why Jeezy has started this slaughter. Is Jeezy upset that Ross’s biggest hit is an ode to the Black Mafia Family, a crew Jeezy has been down with for years? One thing is for certain though, Def Jam should be getting a lot of attention from this, and any publicity is good publicity, right?
Written by JRTheWriter on 08/10/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.