Optimistic economists refuse to admit that the United States is in a recession. Despite the outrageous cost for fuel and a spike in unemployment, they claim we’re doing all right. They are liars. If you want the real truth about the state of the economy, look no further than rapper Young Jeezy’s forthcoming project. Although the Atlanta native hasn’t turned into a reincarnation of Public Enemy, a quick listen to the newest leak from his forthcoming album and his political agenda is apparent. On Crazy World, Jeezy criticizes several laws and accuses President Bush of screwing over hood folk. Man, I would love to see him make an appearance in Congress. Def Jam will release The Recession this September.
Note: The streaming of “Crazy World” has temporarily been suspended.
Written by DJ Z on 08/6/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)