Optimistic economists refuse to admit that the United States is in a recession. Despite the outrageous cost for fuel and a spike in unemployment, they claim we’re doing all right. They are liars. If you want the real truth about the state of the economy, look no further than rapper Young Jeezy’s forthcoming project. Although the Atlanta native hasn’t turned into a reincarnation of Public Enemy, a quick listen to the newest leak from his forthcoming album and his political agenda is apparent. On Crazy World, Jeezy criticizes several laws and accuses President Bush of screwing over hood folk. Man, I would love to see him make an appearance in Congress. Def Jam will release The Recession this September.
Note: The streaming of “Crazy World” has temporarily been suspended.
Written by DJ Z on 08/6/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.