Having received disappointing reviews for his last selection, The Lick, and frankly a few selections before that too, trap star and CTE CEO Young Jeezy pulls out the big guns for the latest street single off his long-awaited fourth album, TM 103. On new banger Ballin’, the Southern-fried synth-percussion stylings of Lil Lody set the mood in typical trap music fashion, combining riding hi-hats with barks and ringing bells. It’s the perfect stage for some hard-edged braggadocio from Jeezy, who’s his usual slow flow, high-caliber, snow-dealing self, and heavyweight guest Lil Wayne, who delivers one of the more lyrically simple flows we’ve heard from the usually frenetic emcee in a minute - but hey, who needs complex wordplay when you’re Ballin’ out on every level? This new banger is sure to satisfy Snowman devotees, but does it have what it takes to finally win Thug Motivation 103 a solid release date from CTE/Def Jam/IDJMG label heads? Only time will tell. In the meantime, debate away, readers…
Written by richard on 04/12/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.