Having received disappointing reviews for his last selection, The Lick, and frankly a few selections before that too, trap star and CTE CEO Young Jeezy pulls out the big guns for the latest street single off his long-awaited fourth album, TM 103. On new banger Ballin’, the Southern-fried synth-percussion stylings of Lil Lody set the mood in typical trap music fashion, combining riding hi-hats with barks and ringing bells. It’s the perfect stage for some hard-edged braggadocio from Jeezy, who’s his usual slow flow, high-caliber, snow-dealing self, and heavyweight guest Lil Wayne, who delivers one of the more lyrically simple flows we’ve heard from the usually frenetic emcee in a minute - but hey, who needs complex wordplay when you’re Ballin’ out on every level? This new banger is sure to satisfy Snowman devotees, but does it have what it takes to finally win Thug Motivation 103 a solid release date from CTE/Def Jam/IDJMG label heads? Only time will tell. In the meantime, debate away, readers…
Written by richard on 04/12/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.