After signing a deal with G-Unit Records in late 2005, Young Hot Rod (also known as Mick Swagger) assumed his debut album would reach critical mass within a calendar year. Unfortunately, Fast Lane has been delayed since mid-2006, as projects from Lloyd Banks, Young Buck and 50 Cent were deemed higher priorities. Although after two plus year of waiting, the project is starting to peak its head above the desert sand of sunny Phoenix, Arizona. On the new street single, Bump My Sh*t, Hot Rod hooks up with popular producer Polow da Don for a medley of East Coast bravado and West Coast high-on-myself attitude. In other words, exactly the formula Fiddy’s been using for years.
Written by DJ Z on 02/3/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hate Is The New Love" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.