After signing a deal with G-Unit Records in late 2005, Young Hot Rod (also known as Mick Swagger) assumed his debut album would reach critical mass within a calendar year. Unfortunately, Fast Lane has been delayed since mid-2006, as projects from Lloyd Banks, Young Buck and 50 Cent were deemed higher priorities. Although after two plus year of waiting, the project is starting to peak its head above the desert sand of sunny Phoenix, Arizona. On the new street single, Bump My Sh*t, Hot Rod hooks up with popular producer Polow da Don for a medley of East Coast bravado and West Coast high-on-myself attitude. In other words, exactly the formula Fiddy’s been using for years.
Written by DJ Z on 02/3/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hate Is The New Love" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.