After signing a deal with G-Unit Records in late 2005, Young Hot Rod (also known as Mick Swagger) assumed his debut album would reach critical mass within a calendar year. Unfortunately, Fast Lane has been delayed since mid-2006, as projects from Lloyd Banks, Young Buck and 50 Cent were deemed higher priorities. Although after two plus year of waiting, the project is starting to peak its head above the desert sand of sunny Phoenix, Arizona. On the new street single, Bump My Sh*t, Hot Rod hooks up with popular producer Polow da Don for a medley of East Coast bravado and West Coast high-on-myself attitude. In other words, exactly the formula Fiddy’s been using for years.
Written by DJ Z on 02/3/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hate Is The New Love" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.