Atlanta native Young Envy has gone through numerous traumas in the course of his life. After losing both his parents as a preteen, the 18-year-old became extra-determined to make a name for himself on the hip-hop scene. Recently signed to So So Def/Island Urban, the DJBooth is proud to present I Like Her, the underground single that helped get him a record deal. Self-produced (along with J Mercy), Envy utilizes a simplistic rhyme scheme and successful formula to talk about a female he’s really getting into. Underground hits such as Pop, Lock & Drop It and Umma Do Me were big before Huey and Rocko got signed; will Young Envy follow in their footsteps and make I Like Her a nationwide summer anthem?
Written by Burmy on 04/15/08
Submit your Rating
2smuv inc./Island SoSo Def
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.