Atlanta native Young Envy has gone through numerous traumas in the course of his life. After losing both his parents as a preteen, the 18-year-old became extra-determined to make a name for himself on the hip-hop scene. Recently signed to So So Def/Island Urban, the DJBooth is proud to present I Like Her, the underground single that helped get him a record deal. Self-produced (along with J Mercy), Envy utilizes a simplistic rhyme scheme and successful formula to talk about a female he’s really getting into. Underground hits such as Pop, Lock & Drop It and Umma Do Me were big before Huey and Rocko got signed; will Young Envy follow in their footsteps and make I Like Her a nationwide summer anthem?
Listen to More: Young Envy Written by Burmy
2smuv inc./Island SoSo Def
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.