In March 2009, T.I. is set to begin a federal prison sentence expected to last exactly one year. During their boss’s absence, most of the Grand Hustle roster are working on new albums they hope to release in that span, from Alfamega to DJ Drama to B.o.B to 8Ball & MJG to new signee Killer Mike. This coming summer, second-in-command Young Dro is ready to drop his sophomore album, tentatively titled P.O.L.O. (Playas Only Live Once). On the first buzz single, Dro is ready to Take Off with labelmate Yung L.A. (who is planning his own debut, Futuristic Leland). Produced by Raz (for Beat Billionaires), Take Off might not pick up an ‘09 Best of the Booth award (Tip won two this year), but it stays true to what Grand Hustle‘s always been about – making authentic anthems for the Southern streets.
Written by Burmy on 01/18/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rubberband Banks" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)