In March 2009, T.I. is set to begin a federal prison sentence expected to last exactly one year. During their boss’s absence, most of the Grand Hustle roster are working on new albums they hope to release in that span, from Alfamega to DJ Drama to B.o.B to 8Ball & MJG to new signee Killer Mike. This coming summer, second-in-command Young Dro is ready to drop his sophomore album, tentatively titled P.O.L.O. (Playas Only Live Once). On the first buzz single, Dro is ready to Take Off with labelmate Yung L.A. (who is planning his own debut, Futuristic Leland). Produced by Raz (for Beat Billionaires), Take Off might not pick up an ‘09 Best of the Booth award (Tip won two this year), but it stays true to what Grand Hustle‘s always been about – making authentic anthems for the Southern streets.
Written by Burmy on 01/18/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rubberband Banks" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.