Southern hip-hop is alive and well in 2010, but how can we sure that our supply of rappers will hold out? On the newly-released remix to current single Freeze Me, Young Dro and two brave collaborators offer to be cryogenically preserved so that future generations don’t have to face a world without dope music. OK, that was all a lie (good story though, right?). In reality, this joint finds the Grand Hustle rapper getting together with label boss T.I., and the always-Icey Gucci Mane do some serious lyrical stunting. Backed by the stark, synth-percussion instrumental stylings of Beat Billionaires, the collaborators spit about their female appeal, their paper, their whips and (particularly in Gucci’s case) their jewels. It’s nothing we haven’t heard before from these swaggeriffic Southerners, but the finished product is sure to leave fans of street music satisfied – not to mention, T.I.P.‘s speedy closing bars alone are well worth the (nonexistent) price of admission. Fans should keep it locked for the latest on Dro’s P.O.L.O. (Players Only Live Once) LP, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 08/19/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rubberband Banks" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.