Southern hip-hop is alive and well in 2010, but how can we sure that our supply of rappers will hold out? On the newly-released remix to current single Freeze Me, Young Dro and two brave collaborators offer to be cryogenically preserved so that future generations don’t have to face a world without dope music. OK, that was all a lie (good story though, right?). In reality, this joint finds the Grand Hustle rapper getting together with label boss T.I., and the always-Icey Gucci Mane do some serious lyrical stunting. Backed by the stark, synth-percussion instrumental stylings of Beat Billionaires, the collaborators spit about their female appeal, their paper, their whips and (particularly in Gucci’s case) their jewels. It’s nothing we haven’t heard before from these swaggeriffic Southerners, but the finished product is sure to leave fans of street music satisfied – not to mention, T.I.P.‘s speedy closing bars alone are well worth the (nonexistent) price of admission. Fans should keep it locked for the latest on Dro’s P.O.L.O. (Players Only Live Once) LP, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rubberband Banks" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.