How can I put this…. I’m not saying I dislike the work of Jon Bon Jovi but, when I clicked “play” and found that the latest promo single from West Coast emcee (and exclusive freestyle series alumnus) Young De had nothing more than a lyrical theme in common with the rock vet’s 1990 hit, my ears threw a party. Of course, not involving Bon Jovi isn’t the only thing Blaze of Glory has going for it – far from it. FarHot‘s driving, guitar/sample/breakbeat instrumental is sure to grab listeners’ attention from the get-go, and De comes with insightful rhymes to match the instrumental’s laid-back yet soulfully determined vibe, pondering how he’ll be remembered after he passes on: “Will you remember me for… the weed that I smoked? The shows that I rocked? The b*ches that I f**ed? The money that I got?” While I, of course, don’t have any sure answers to those questions, one thing’s for certain: if the up-and-comer keeps turning out tunes of this caliber, he won’t be forgotten in the Booth. Blaze is just a promo single, but those craving more from the rising star should, as always, keep it locked.
Listen to More: DEMRICK
Written by richard on 03/11/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Laugh ft. Young De" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.