Back in November of ‘08, Young Chris jumped on the series bandwagon with 30 Days, 30 Verses, a month-long project in which he dropped one verse per day, using beats by big names and underground up-and-comers alike. Now, the Roc-A-Fella rapper has spruced up one of the series’ standout cuts with guest appearances by Bun B and Wale, who each reveal what they’ve been Searching for over a soulful, sampled beat by Best Kept Secret. Though the lyrical skill all three emcees bring to the table is justification enough for a spot on our front page, the other reason we’re featuring Searching has to do with the record’s suspiciously lengthy outro. In the new Searching for an Outlet Global Campaign, Chris is asking listeners everywhere to submit a rapped, sung, or even spoken verse explaining what it is that they’re searching for in life. The winning verse will appear on the final version of this record, which will be included on his forthcoming album, Now or Never (set to drop sometime this year).
Written by richard on 02/5/09
Submit your Rating
Division 1/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Run To The Roc ft. Junior Reid" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.