Back in November of ‘08, Young Chris jumped on the series bandwagon with 30 Days, 30 Verses, a month-long project in which he dropped one verse per day, using beats by big names and underground up-and-comers alike. Now, the Roc-A-Fella rapper has spruced up one of the series’ standout cuts with guest appearances by Bun B and Wale, who each reveal what they’ve been Searching for over a soulful, sampled beat by Best Kept Secret. Though the lyrical skill all three emcees bring to the table is justification enough for a spot on our front page, the other reason we’re featuring Searching has to do with the record’s suspiciously lengthy outro. In the new Searching for an Outlet Global Campaign, Chris is asking listeners everywhere to submit a rapped, sung, or even spoken verse explaining what it is that they’re searching for in life. The winning verse will appear on the final version of this record, which will be included on his forthcoming album, Now or Never (set to drop sometime this year).
Written by richard on 02/5/09
Division 1/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Run To The Roc ft. Junior Reid" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.