If a female plays dumb from time to time in a relationship, she probably knows exactly what she is doing. In fact, despite vehement denial that she “doesn’t know what you’re talking about,” or that she “had no idea you liked…,” chances are good that she does know and will continue to use her act as an advantage. Two artists who know about this Hollywood-esque act are Philadelphia native Young Chris and his Def Jam labelmate The-Dream. On their new collaboration, You Know I, they spend three-plus minutes explaining (and re-explaining) everything that their women should already know about them. Musically, we at the Booth know that the former Young Gunner would like to release his long-delayed new album, Now or Never; hopefully his label will listen better than his lady.
Written by DJ Z on 07/9/08
Submit your Rating
Division 1/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Run To The Roc ft. Junior Reid" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.