If a female plays dumb from time to time in a relationship, she probably knows exactly what she is doing. In fact, despite vehement denial that she “doesn’t know what you’re talking about,” or that she “had no idea you liked…,” chances are good that she does know and will continue to use her act as an advantage. Two artists who know about this Hollywood-esque act are Philadelphia native Young Chris and his Def Jam labelmate The-Dream. On their new collaboration, You Know I, they spend three-plus minutes explaining (and re-explaining) everything that their women should already know about them. Musically, we at the Booth know that the former Young Gunner would like to release his long-delayed new album, Now or Never; hopefully his label will listen better than his lady.
Written by DJ Z on 07/9/08
Submit your Rating
Division 1/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Run To The Roc ft. Junior Reid" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.