Shortly after Jay-Z negotiated his deal to start a Roc Nation imprint, questions arose regarding the future of Roc-A-Fella Records. In no time, Roc-A-Fella’s former umbrella label, Def Jam, announced that Beanie Sigel, DJ Clue, Kanye West, Memphis Bleek, and Uncle Murda would remain on the label, while Freeway, Peedi Peedi, Tru-Life, and the Young Gunz would become free agents. Obviously enjoying his newfound indie status, Young Chris has decided to celebrate, smoking a blunt that will take him on a trip all the way to Paradise. Hook vocals are contributed from Dominic and fellow herb aficionado Lil’ Wayne joins the smoking session and chops up 12 bars, once again proving he’s “high ‘till I die.”
Written by Burmy on 06/2/08
Division 1/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Run To The Roc ft. Junior Reid" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.