Shortly after Jay-Z negotiated his deal to start a Roc Nation imprint, questions arose regarding the future of Roc-A-Fella Records. In no time, Roc-A-Fella’s former umbrella label, Def Jam, announced that Beanie Sigel, DJ Clue, Kanye West, Memphis Bleek, and Uncle Murda would remain on the label, while Freeway, Peedi Peedi, Tru-Life, and the Young Gunz would become free agents. Obviously enjoying his newfound indie status, Young Chris has decided to celebrate, smoking a blunt that will take him on a trip all the way to Paradise. Hook vocals are contributed from Dominic and fellow herb aficionado Lil’ Wayne joins the smoking session and chops up 12 bars, once again proving he’s “high ‘till I die.”
Written by Burmy on 06/2/08
Submit your Rating
Division 1/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Run To The Roc ft. Junior Reid" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)