Lil’ Wayne was once very close to signing with Roc-A-Fella Records, but ultimately decided to stay with Cash Money. Over two years later, Wayne has done various work with The Roc, collaborating on three of their premiere artist’s tracks (Kanye‘s Barry Bonds, Freeway‘s Step Back, and Hova‘s Brooklyn 2.0). Next up is the Young Gunz’ Young Chris, whose new mixtape cut sounds like a throwback to the Dynasty era of the early 2000’s. Chris and Weezy show off How We Roll by trading simile-filled lines over an Amadeus beat that sounds like classic Just Blaze. If How We Roll (as well as Run To The Roc) are an indicator, Young Chris might be the one to make the Roc’s return to prominence official; something he wasn’t able to do with Neef Buck as a member of the Gunz.
Written by Burmy on 11/29/07
Division 1/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Run To The Roc ft. Junior Reid" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)