Lil’ Wayne was once very close to signing with Roc-A-Fella Records, but ultimately decided to stay with Cash Money. Over two years later, Wayne has done various work with The Roc, collaborating on three of their premiere artist’s tracks (Kanye‘s Barry Bonds, Freeway‘s Step Back, and Hova‘s Brooklyn 2.0). Next up is the Young Gunz’ Young Chris, whose new mixtape cut sounds like a throwback to the Dynasty era of the early 2000’s. Chris and Weezy show off How We Roll by trading simile-filled lines over an Amadeus beat that sounds like classic Just Blaze. If How We Roll (as well as Run To The Roc) are an indicator, Young Chris might be the one to make the Roc’s return to prominence official; something he wasn’t able to do with Neef Buck as a member of the Gunz.
Written by Burmy on 11/29/07
Submit your Rating
Division 1/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Run To The Roc ft. Junior Reid" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.