Lil’ Wayne was once very close to signing with Roc-A-Fella Records, but ultimately decided to stay with Cash Money. Over two years later, Wayne has done various work with The Roc, collaborating on three of their premiere artist’s tracks (Kanye‘s Barry Bonds, Freeway‘s Step Back, and Hova‘s Brooklyn 2.0). Next up is the Young Gunz’ Young Chris, whose new mixtape cut sounds like a throwback to the Dynasty era of the early 2000’s. Chris and Weezy show off How We Roll by trading simile-filled lines over an Amadeus beat that sounds like classic Just Blaze. If How We Roll (as well as Run To The Roc) are an indicator, Young Chris might be the one to make the Roc’s return to prominence official; something he wasn’t able to do with Neef Buck as a member of the Gunz.
Division 1/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Run To The Roc ft. Junior Reid" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.