For most of us, occasional anxiety is simply a fact of life; Young Cash, however, is one of the lucky few who seem blessed to exist without a worry or a care – even when guns are blazing around him, he remains one hundred-percent Stress Free. This digital-only single finds the Jacksonville, Florida rapper flowing over the fittingly laid-back, brass-piano boardwork of beatsmith Hit Boy, elaborating on the laissez-faire philosophy that sees him through even the toughest times. Clearly a kindred spirit, Field Mob alumnus Shawn Jay takes his guest verse as an opportunity to assure fans he’s doing A-OK despite having parted ways with longtime partner-in-rhyme, Smoke: “Yeah, my group broke up, but I be feelin’ like Ciara felt, you know, So What?” While this track isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, those craving more new material from Young Cash can get their fix on the recently-released Freaknik the Musical soundtrack (the artist played the role of Virgil on the animated special).
Written by richard on 05/19/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.