Hailing from the little-repped city of Jacksonville, Florida, Young Cash is the newest talent coming from SRC Records (home to hit makers such as Akon and David Banner.) Cash had already made a name for himself on the North Florida mixtape circuit before he got his major deal, but now he looks to become one of the nation’s top acts. His first single Freeze, is everything a rap artist’s first single should be: a sure-shot club banger with an up-tempo beat that is powerful enough to announce an arrival. On Freeze, YC raps about how his haters are “one helluva motivation”, as he flamboyantly shines to make ‘em mad. Let’s see if he can stay hot once his upcoming debut album drops in late 2007.
Written by Burmy on 06/28/07
Submit your Rating
Nappy Boy Digital
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Already Know ft. B.o.B." (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.