The world is full of people who will LIE2YA with a smile on their face—some of whom may even come disguised as your closest friends. A 19-year-old rhymesayer who’s already well-acquainted with the sting of betrayal, New Orleans native Young Cam emphasizes the importance of staying on the lookout for snakes in the grass on his debut single and first DJBooth feature. Co-headlining the record, Sacramento underground beatsmith Lee Bannon backs his colleague’s wary bars with pensive keys and a tense, but understated percussion rhythm. LIE2YA isn’t part of a larger project but, if it’s whet your appetite for more, you can keep it locked to our front page for all the latest from both Cam and his reader-acclaimed production partner.
Written by richard on 03/25/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.