I’m not going to front. A couple years ago former G-Unit soldier Young Buck was watching label boss 50 Cent do most of the winning, but it’s a new decade and Buck is determined to start claiming victory yet again (we already know he’s offering No Excuses). On his new mixtape cut, the appropriately titled Who’s Winning, Buck decides to take a beat from the Black Democrats that starts off sounding like an ‘80s aerobics video and then transforms into a certified head-nodder, and flip the bouncing production into a reminder that despite all the drama, the man’s microphone skills are as explosive as ever: “Tellin my fans I’m ok, in the Phantom, it’s grey…I still keep it real, I live in the A.” I mean come on, how could you not at least enjoy a track with an Onyx Slam reference? So, if this track really a W for Buck? Have your say Booth nation. For more from the man keep it locked for updates on the release of his new mixtape Back on My Buck S**t 2, coming soon.
Listen to More: Young Buck
Written by Nathan S. on 03/23/10
Real Talk Ent./Cashville Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Know You Want Me" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)