I’m not going to front. A couple years ago former G-Unit soldier Young Buck was watching label boss 50 Cent do most of the winning, but it’s a new decade and Buck is determined to start claiming victory yet again (we already know he’s offering No Excuses). On his new mixtape cut, the appropriately titled Who’s Winning, Buck decides to take a beat from the Black Democrats that starts off sounding like an ‘80s aerobics video and then transforms into a certified head-nodder, and flip the bouncing production into a reminder that despite all the drama, the man’s microphone skills are as explosive as ever: “Tellin my fans I’m ok, in the Phantom, it’s grey…I still keep it real, I live in the A.” I mean come on, how could you not at least enjoy a track with an Onyx Slam reference? So, if this track really a W for Buck? Have your say Booth nation. For more from the man keep it locked for updates on the release of his new mixtape Back on My Buck S**t 2, coming soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/23/10
Submit your Rating
Real Talk Ent./Cashville Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Know You Want Me" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.