I’m not going to front. A couple years ago former G-Unit soldier Young Buck was watching label boss 50 Cent do most of the winning, but it’s a new decade and Buck is determined to start claiming victory yet again (we already know he’s offering No Excuses). On his new mixtape cut, the appropriately titled Who’s Winning, Buck decides to take a beat from the Black Democrats that starts off sounding like an ‘80s aerobics video and then transforms into a certified head-nodder, and flip the bouncing production into a reminder that despite all the drama, the man’s microphone skills are as explosive as ever: “Tellin my fans I’m ok, in the Phantom, it’s grey…I still keep it real, I live in the A.” I mean come on, how could you not at least enjoy a track with an Onyx Slam reference? So, if this track really a W for Buck? Have your say Booth nation. For more from the man keep it locked for updates on the release of his new mixtape Back on My Buck S**t 2, coming soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/23/10
Submit your Rating
Real Talk Ent./Cashville Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Know You Want Me" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.