This past February, Lupe Fiasco‘s single Hip Hop Saved My Life was featured on the DJBooth, telling the story of a rapper’s rapid rise to the top (the single also rose to become one of our higest-rated songs ever). But what if the aspiring MC in the story had not risen to the top so quickly and instead gone through further struggles before he got his shine? Nashville native and G-Unit member Young Buck gives us his version, describing how that rapper missed out on a big opportunity, leading him to realize that maybe Hip-Hop Can’t Save Me. Not willing to let him just give up on his dream, Buck encourages the kid to keep his hopes up; another chance might not be too far away.
Written by Burmy on 04/6/08
Submit your Rating
Real Talk Ent./Cashville Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Know You Want Me" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.