This past February, Lupe Fiasco‘s single Hip Hop Saved My Life was featured on the DJBooth, telling the story of a rapper’s rapid rise to the top (the single also rose to become one of our higest-rated songs ever). But what if the aspiring MC in the story had not risen to the top so quickly and instead gone through further struggles before he got his shine? Nashville native and G-Unit member Young Buck gives us his version, describing how that rapper missed out on a big opportunity, leading him to realize that maybe Hip-Hop Can’t Save Me. Not willing to let him just give up on his dream, Buck encourages the kid to keep his hopes up; another chance might not be too far away.
Listen to More: Young Buck
Written by Burmy on 04/6/08
Real Talk Ent./Cashville Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Know You Want Me" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)