This past February, Lupe Fiasco‘s single Hip Hop Saved My Life was featured on the DJBooth, telling the story of a rapper’s rapid rise to the top (the single also rose to become one of our higest-rated songs ever). But what if the aspiring MC in the story had not risen to the top so quickly and instead gone through further struggles before he got his shine? Nashville native and G-Unit member Young Buck gives us his version, describing how that rapper missed out on a big opportunity, leading him to realize that maybe Hip-Hop Can’t Save Me. Not willing to let him just give up on his dream, Buck encourages the kid to keep his hopes up; another chance might not be too far away.
Listen to More: Young Buck
Written by Burmy on 04/6/08
Real Talk Ent./Cashville Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Know You Want Me" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.