This past February, Lupe Fiasco‘s single Hip Hop Saved My Life was featured on the DJBooth, telling the story of a rapper’s rapid rise to the top (the single also rose to become one of our higest-rated songs ever). But what if the aspiring MC in the story had not risen to the top so quickly and instead gone through further struggles before he got his shine? Nashville native and G-Unit member Young Buck gives us his version, describing how that rapper missed out on a big opportunity, leading him to realize that maybe Hip-Hop Can’t Save Me. Not willing to let him just give up on his dream, Buck encourages the kid to keep his hopes up; another chance might not be too far away.
Listen to More: Young Buck Written by Burmy
Real Talk Ent./Cashville Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Know You Want Me" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.