As his conflict with G-Unit wears on, Young Buck isn’t showing any signs of slowing down. Though the label likely won’t let him release another studio album till their issues are resolved, the rapper knows exactly how he’s going to stay relevant in the meantime: by returning to his pre-major roots and making music for the Dirty South streets. His latest effort to appeal to this core audience is Back to the Streets (out now), a mixtape created in collaboration with up-and-coming producer The Future. On Can’t Catch Me, Buck’s gruff, high-energy flow comes through loud and clear despite the use of Autotune (which, surprisingly, he pulls off very well). The Future’s uptempo production doesn’t disappoint, but, as usual, computer speakers don’t do the instrumental justice—play Can’t Catch Me in the whip and you’re sure to appreciate the cut’s head-bobbing appeal.
Written by Burmy on 04/12/09
Submit your Rating
Real Talk Ent./Cashville Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Know You Want Me" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.