As his conflict with G-Unit wears on, Young Buck isn’t showing any signs of slowing down. Though the label likely won’t let him release another studio album till their issues are resolved, the rapper knows exactly how he’s going to stay relevant in the meantime: by returning to his pre-major roots and making music for the Dirty South streets. His latest effort to appeal to this core audience is Back to the Streets (out now), a mixtape created in collaboration with up-and-coming producer The Future. On Can’t Catch Me, Buck’s gruff, high-energy flow comes through loud and clear despite the use of Autotune (which, surprisingly, he pulls off very well). The Future’s uptempo production doesn’t disappoint, but, as usual, computer speakers don’t do the instrumental justice—play Can’t Catch Me in the whip and you’re sure to appreciate the cut’s head-bobbing appeal.
Listen to More: Young Buck
Written by Burmy on 04/12/09
Real Talk Ent./Cashville Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Know You Want Me" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)