As his conflict with G-Unit wears on, Young Buck isn’t showing any signs of slowing down. Though the label likely won’t let him release another studio album till their issues are resolved, the rapper knows exactly how he’s going to stay relevant in the meantime: by returning to his pre-major roots and making music for the Dirty South streets. His latest effort to appeal to this core audience is Back to the Streets (out now), a mixtape created in collaboration with up-and-coming producer The Future. On Can’t Catch Me, Buck’s gruff, high-energy flow comes through loud and clear despite the use of Autotune (which, surprisingly, he pulls off very well). The Future’s uptempo production doesn’t disappoint, but, as usual, computer speakers don’t do the instrumental justice—play Can’t Catch Me in the whip and you’re sure to appreciate the cut’s head-bobbing appeal.
Listen to More: Young Buck
Written by Burmy on 04/12/09
Submit your Rating
Real Talk Ent./Cashville Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Know You Want Me" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.