As his conflict with G-Unit wears on, Young Buck isn’t showing any signs of slowing down. Though the label likely won’t let him release another studio album till their issues are resolved, the rapper knows exactly how he’s going to stay relevant in the meantime: by returning to his pre-major roots and making music for the Dirty South streets. His latest effort to appeal to this core audience is Back to the Streets (out now), a mixtape created in collaboration with up-and-coming producer The Future. On Can’t Catch Me, Buck’s gruff, high-energy flow comes through loud and clear despite the use of Autotune (which, surprisingly, he pulls off very well). The Future’s uptempo production doesn’t disappoint, but, as usual, computer speakers don’t do the instrumental justice—play Can’t Catch Me in the whip and you’re sure to appreciate the cut’s head-bobbing appeal.
Listen to More: Young Buck
Written by Burmy on 04/12/09
Submit your Rating
Real Talk Ent./Cashville Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Know You Want Me" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.