In a genre packed with tales of unlikely triumph over adversity, Young Buck is one of the most tenacious underdogs in the bunch. Just what is it that keeps the Southern underground mainstay coming back for more, in spite of all obstacles in his path? Simple: as he reveals on the inaugural leak off his forthcoming mixtape, he’s Addicted to the cashflow that his hustle provides. Of course, he goes on to explain, his hunger for currency isn’t driven by pure greed—as he sees it, his primary role is that of a “breadwinner” for his family. Beat Boyz man the boards, layering fluid guitar riffs and ambient synths over slow-rolling percussion as the G-Unit alum/victim spits an unusually reflective account of the grind for paper, illuminating the conflict between personal life and the pursuit of lucre through his conflicts with his girl: ”Lost in the money, and I can’t find my way out / It won’t work—she complain when I stay out.” Complete with the smooth chorus vocals of a currently-unknown hookman, this understated banger is just one of many fresh cuts set to appear on Back on My Buck Sh*t Vol. 3; keep it locked for release details!
Written by richard on 07/7/11
Real Talk Ent./Cashville Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Know You Want Me" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.