Young Bree may be a newcomer to the crowded Atlanta rap scene, but he has wasted no time in making a name for himself. Check Ya Swag, the first single from his debut album, Diary of an Ex-Trapper, manages to capture all the elements essential to the familiar Atlanta sound: heavy drums, booming bass, and layered wordplay. Aided by producer Young Sears and fellow “Atliens” Shawty Redd and Killer Mike, Bree, a convicted felon, shows off his “swag” on one of the many verses he wrote during a two-year stint in the Atlanta jail system. As a self-proclaimed disciple of Goodie Mob and Outkast, he certainly has a lot to live up to (and plenty of time to do so).
Written by Charlie E. on 05/15/08
Submit your Rating
Drift City Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.