On his last feature, YONAS made clear that it doesn’t matter whether you’re a politician, a priest, a policeman or the Queen of England; if you aren’t in the streets with him and his people, the reader fave doesn’t Give a Damn what you think. Just in case the message didn’t come across the first time, the NYC phenom’s decided to press the point even more forcefully on aptly-named new single Thought I Told Yall, an exclusive world premiere. With Vision‘s piano/guitar boardwork bumping behind him, the artist emphasizes his ironclad commitment to his ‘hood, along with his utter disregard for authority figures and industry suits. Fans will be able to find this rebellious selection and much more on Bright Lights, Big City, coming soon via 1st Round Records. In the meantime, YONAS’ last project, The Transition, is still available for streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 11/6/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Too Deep" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.