On his recent The Transition album, Yonas left no doubt that he’s pushing for mainstream success, so it’s only appropriate that on the new title track video the man’s surrounded by flashing lights. On the production tip Yonas’ constant beat partner Sean Divine ups the energy, crafting a synth-driven beat that would sound at home in the club and on your car radio. On the mic the NYC native never needs an excuse to shine, but here he makes sure to go the extra mile, letting it be known that the only way he can be stopped is an outright assassination. For more music that bridges the gap between the underground and the…aboveground?....be sure to cop Yonas’ The Transition album, available for free stream and download right here on The DJBooth.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/17/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Too Deep" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.