Yonas may be riding high at the moment, but his life’s been anything but an uninterrupted climb from the bottom to the top. Rather, his fortunes have gone “up and down, up and down… something like a Rollercoaster.” The follow-up to scorching lead effort Set It Off, the second single off the NYC phenom’s forthcoming mixtape re-release finds him dialing back the intensity as he reflects on his tumultuous, but always rewarding relationship with his boo. Felix Snow, the Los Angeles beatsmith whose work with Big Apple singer Gallant has been turning heads in the Booth of late, crafts a gentle guitar-loop backdrop for the headliner’s rhymes, as well as the guest bars of Philly-repping duo OCD (Moosh & Twist). Nat Prinzi directs the official visuals. For Rollercoaster and more unreleased cuts, cop The Transition (Deluxe Edition) when it hits record stores and online retailers Tuesday, November 19.
Written by richard on 11/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Too Deep" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.