Yonas may be riding high at the moment, but his life’s been anything but an uninterrupted climb from the bottom to the top. Rather, his fortunes have gone “up and down, up and down… something like a Rollercoaster.” The follow-up to scorching lead effort Set It Off, the second single off the NYC phenom’s forthcoming mixtape re-release finds him dialing back the intensity as he reflects on his tumultuous, but always rewarding relationship with his boo. Felix Snow, the Los Angeles beatsmith whose work with Big Apple singer Gallant has been turning heads in the Booth of late, crafts a gentle guitar-loop backdrop for the headliner’s rhymes, as well as the guest bars of Philly-repping duo OCD (Moosh & Twist). Nat Prinzi directs the official visuals. For Rollercoaster and more unreleased cuts, cop The Transition (Deluxe Edition) when it hits record stores and online retailers Tuesday, November 19.
Written by richard on 11/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Too Deep" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)