Yonas may be riding high at the moment, but his life’s been anything but an uninterrupted climb from the bottom to the top. Rather, his fortunes have gone “up and down, up and down… something like a Rollercoaster.” The follow-up to scorching lead effort Set It Off, the second single off the NYC phenom’s forthcoming mixtape re-release finds him dialing back the intensity as he reflects on his tumultuous, but always rewarding relationship with his boo. Felix Snow, the Los Angeles beatsmith whose work with Big Apple singer Gallant has been turning heads in the Booth of late, crafts a gentle guitar-loop backdrop for the headliner’s rhymes, as well as the guest bars of Philly-repping duo OCD (Moosh & Twist). Nat Prinzi directs the official visuals. For Rollercoaster and more unreleased cuts, cop The Transition (Deluxe Edition) when it hits record stores and online retailers Tuesday, November 19.
Written by richard on 11/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Too Deep" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.