Incredibly it’s been almost two years since Yonas first introduced himself to the Booth and in that time the Bronx emcee has been In Too Deep, In a Daze and Mindless. He’s been Stupid Brilliant and demanded that haters Fall Back, but until today we had never heard a Radio Flow from the man. Problem solved. Making its worldwide premiere right here, right now, new single Radio Flow is perhaps the biggest we’ve ever heard him sound, thanks in no small part to producer Sean Divine, who throws down a booming, appropriately high-frequency beat sure to get the attention of radio programmers nationwide. Vocally Yonas attacks the mic with his usual intensity, a necessity consider the production’s size, while lyrically he takes a more simplified approach than we’ve heard in the past; all the better to keep those radio dials tuned in (bonus points for the moonwalk reference though). While only time will tell if Radio Flow actually makes it onto your local airwave provider, fans everywhere can get their fill of his music when his debut The Proven Theory drops later this month.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/11/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Too Deep" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.