Though Yonas’ last feature found him showcasing his Stupid Brilliance, the NYC buzzmaker’s knack for dropping rhymes so dumb they’re genius shouldn’t overshadow the fact that, when he wants to be, he’s just plain smart. Case in point: new promo single Nobody Else a joint as on-point as it is catchy (very). Here, a guitar-laced beat by Sean Divine sets the stage for some reflections on gender relations: “Women of the world, we need you more than ever, cause when you heal a man you bring the nation together / and when a man is hurt he showers you with abuse, and then we teach the kids, that’s the trouble with the youth…” While the up-and-comer offers no easy answer to the tough questions he poses, he does succeed in teaching by example, pledging to treat the women in his life as they deserve to be treated. Topped off with a sincere sung hook, this ode to female self-respect is sure to have heads nodding along in agreement. Nobody isn’t currently attached to any forthcoming project, but those who like what they’re hearing can download the cut at the link below.
Written by richard on 11/10/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Too Deep" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.